Seminars and Special Events
IPC's analytical work and recommendations are disseminated via seminars held around the world. The seminars are the focus of IPC's event-related outreach to a broad audience. Frequently, IPC partners with national or regional groups located in the host country, allowing it to tailor the seminars to local interests. The seminars serve not only to highlight timely issues, but also to address local stakeholders and decision-makers in the host countries, thereby ensuring a country-specific context for IPC's messages.
- The 2014 Trade Policy Landscape: Harvesting Issues in Trade Agreement Negotiations and the Future of the World Trading System
May 7, 2014
US Chamber of Commerce
Opening Keynote Address
The Honorable Charles W. Boustany Jr. (R.-LA)
Addressing the Issues in Trade Agreements
- Ron Zink, Deere & Company, "Importance of Data and Data Flows"
- Andrew W. Shoyer, Sidley Austin LLP, "Geographical Indications"
- Michael Fitzpatrick, Senior Manager and Senior Counselor, GE, "Regulatory Cooperation"
Future of the World Trading System: Perspectives for Agriculture
- Giulio Menato, First Counselor (Agriculture), Delegation of the European Union to the United States, "European Union Perspective on the Trade Agenda"
- Tim Josling, Senior Fellow and Professor Emeritus, Institute for International Studies, Stanford University, "After Bali -- What's on the Agenda for Agriculture?"
- Jason Clay, Senior Vice President, Market Transformation, World Wildlife Fund, "Meeting Global Food Supply Needs in a Sustainable Manner"
The Intersection of Food Security and Trade Policy
- Ashok Gulati, Chair Professor for Agriculture, Indian Council for Research on International Economic Relations, "India's Experiences"
- Malcolm Bailey, Dairy Farmer, Member of the Board, Fonterra Cooperative Group, Ltd., "Private Sector Perspective"
- Chris Parker, Minister-Counsellor (Agriculture), Embassy of Australia, "How Global Trade in Agricultural Goods Can Contribute to World Food Security"
Closing Keynote Address
Wendy Cutler, Acting Deputy U.S. Trade Representative, "The Obama Trade Agenda, with a focus on TPP"
May 6, 2014
- Tangermann Presentation: E 15 Report, Strengthening the Multilateral Trading System, achat cialis pas cher -- A Post Bali Food Security Agenda
- E15 Report
- Regúnaga Presentation
- Regúnaga Summary: Global Food Security and Agricultural Natural Resources -- Roles and Views of Argentina, Brazil, Paraguay and Uruguay
- Diaz-Bonilla Presentation: On Food Stocks, "Peace Clauses" and "Permanent Solutions" After Bali
February 19, 2014
October 16, 2013
October 3, 2013
July 17, 2013
May 22, 2013
May 22, 2013
May 23, 2013
IPC Session at the WTO Public Forum (room S2)
September 25, 2012
Washington, DC (IDB)
May 17-18, 2012
Washington, DC (SAIS)
November 15, 2011
IPC & CUTS International Session at the WTO Public Forum
September 20, 2011
48th IPC Seminar
September 13, 2011
December 10, 2010
46th IPC Seminar
Sao Paulo, Brazil
October 26 , 2010
September 14, 2010
September 17, 2010
July 28, 2010
45th IPC Seminar
May 26-27, 2010
March 2, 2010
February 24, 2010
December 17, 2009
December 1, 2009
October 30, 2009
October 30, 2009
ICTSD-IPC Platform on Climate Change, Agriculture and Trade
October 29, 2009
42nd IPC Seminar
May 10-11, 2009
October 1, 2009
September 30, 2009
41st IPC Seminar
May 12, 2008
April 5, 2009
Past Semi-annual Seminars
Past Special Events
The full IPC membership meets to discuss pertinent issues to the global food system. It evaluates its current work agenda and identifies new policy developments to analyze and address. The IPC plenary meetings are held around the world in appreciation of the diversity of agricultural and food production systems, and to reflect the international composition of its membership.
The 2014 plenary was held Tuesday, May 6, in Washington, D.C.